Monday, June 24, 2013

Family Reunions...

I'M TERRIBLE...I HAVE TOTALLY SUCKED AT BLOGGING... Well, today I decided I'm going to do better...I really want to.  I love the thought of being able to just share what I want when I want to...  So, hopefully I will really get into it.

This weekend I left on Friday with my parents to go to Arkansas for our annual family reunions.  One for my moms side, and one for my dads.  We go up every year in June to Hot Springs, and stay at Oak Bower camp ground on Lake Degray.  It is absolutely beautiful and one of my favorite places to be.  There are so many memories there.  We have been doing this for 34 years now...basically since I was born.  What an incredible tradition my grandfather and his 8 bothers and sisters started all those years ago...here are a few pictures from Saturday with  my moms family..

                                         
My sweet precious great niece Caydence
                                                


2 of my 3 great aunts that are still with us, and who help start this great tradition



Then on Sunday after we left my moms, we went to a different area on Lake Degray to meet up with my dads family to spend a few hours with them.  He is the baby of 7 kids, but sadly he only has 2 siblings left.  I love them all so very much...


My Uncle Wayne, Aunt Mattie Fay, and my Daddy.. :)


My brother, sis-in-law, nephews Gabriel and Devan (LOVE these boys)


My dads niece, her mom was his oldest sister, and her family


And my Aunt Annie, her husband was my dads brother, he passed away last year

We had such a great weekend.  It is a super fast trip, but worth the drive and the busyness of it all.  Thanks for sticking with me...I'm gonna try to do better...!!!


Love, Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Imagine my JOY & SURPRISE to scroll through my reader & see a new post from my MANDY! YAY!!!

    Great pics, girlfriend! And yay! I love family reunions. Our family never did them but Brad's family does... the sandifer family reunion is each year in August & it sounds like the one you described - they've been having them for decades! Not sure how long exactly but brad's great grandparents started it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete